On this week's episode, host Colin Weston speaks with Rhett Evans, CEO of The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America or GCSAA. Rhett pulls from his personal and professional experience, providing insights and inspiration on how building a culture of benevolence, empathy and giving back fuels their ability to help innovate the golf industry.
This week's episode is brought to you by FAIRWAYiQ
Turning Golf Courses into Smart Courses
FAIRWAYiQ is a technology solution connecting golf professionals to their customers and superintendents to their equipment and labor resourses. Learn more at www.FAIRWAYiQ.com.
• Rhett shares his personal and professional background, along with his first connection with golf.
• The history and mandate of The GCSAA and how they support innovation throughout the golf industry.
• Rhett and The GCSAA's connection to WE ARE GOLF.
• The philanthropic side of The GCSAA's culture of “giving back” through volunteering and community building at National Golf Day.
• GCSAA innovative initiatives to help grow the game and the golf industry, including their Best Management Practices program.
• Environmental advocacy and stewardship through innovation thought leadership and sustainability practices.
Our favorite Rhett quotes...
“We are founded on a culture of benevolence, giving back and helping one another” 11:29
"We need to form strategic partnerships in order to develop innovative ideas and achieve entrepreneurial success" 13:25
“We are much stronger when we come together and have a unified voice, which is the premise behind establishing the WE ARE GOLF coilition” 13:38
“In any business, to be able to form those alliances and add strength to your portfolio were you may not have them really bodes well for creating a recipe for success” 14:20
The GCSAA is the top professional association of golf course superintendents. Thier mission is to serve members, advance the profession and grow the game.
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America is the professional association for the men and women who manage and maintain the game’s most valuable resource — the golf course. The golf industry recognizes the association as a key contributor in elevating the game and business.
To learn more about The GCSAA, visit their website at https://www.gcsaa.org/