Rich Katz discussing "The State of Golf" on The ModGolf Podcast
buffalo.agency Founder and Principal Rich Katz is our guest on this episode of The ModGolf Podcast, where he shares insights and stories from his nearly 30 years in the golf industry. Rich's engaging conversation with host Colin Weston started with discussing the history of buffalo.agency and covered a wide range of golf innovation topics including:
- the sustainability of golf participation
- the positive effects of the $84 billion/year golf industry has on the environment, the enconomy and society
- growth areas in the game and industry
- The Tiger Effect, both the positives and downsides on growing the game
- the effective use of technology for enhancing both on-course and off-course golf experiences
- the increase in Millennials/women/minorities participation
- diversity and inclusion initiatives such as the WE ARE GOLF #inviterHER program
- golf course closers as a good thing for the health and viability of the sport and the business of golf
- environmental impact / “triple bottom line” sustainability platform - Environmental/Economic/Social
- latent demand in the sport and how to unlock it
Rich talked about the influence of "Generation G", referencing the work done by Dr. Alexis Abramson to highlight the charactistics of this North American market segment who is between age 45 and 65.
Go to https://www.alexisabramson.com/ to learn more.
Are you a golf course owner or operator struggling with the complexities of running tournaments? Do you want to spend less more running them while increasing revenue and profit margins? Check out our friends at Golf Genius to learn how they can help make the magic happen. >> https://www.golfgenius.com/