Guillaume Béland is the President and General Manager of Lune Rouge and The Major Series of Putting. Guillaume speaks with host Colin Weston about their ambitious and exciting plans to stage over 400 putting competitions this year, culminating with a week-long finals tournament this October in a purpose-built stadium in Las Vegas.
MSOP Stadium Las Vegas
About The Major Series Of Puttng (MSOP):
Major Series of Putting (MSOP) intends to entertain, challenge and thrill people with the simplest and most important golf element - Putting. To achieve this, MSOP is sanctioning the largest series of putting tournaments in history with millions of dollars in total prize money. In fabulous Las Vegas, participants from all walks of life will have opportunity to test their skills - and nerves - as they compete over several days in high-stakes championship putting on a 20,000 Square-foot surface designed by world-leading Nicklaus Design. The fun is open to all as qualifying events will be held around North America in collaboration with local golf courses.
MSOP is a subsidiary of Lune Rouge Innovation, a new creative company inspired and controlled by Cirque du Soleil Founder Guy Laliberté.
In this episode we learned about:
• The Major Series of Putting and how to register for or host a qualifying tournament: https://msop.com/en/
• The architectural firm Populous http://populous.com/ and their MSOP stadium design. You can see the animation of the stadium design here --> https://msop.com/en/venue/LasVegas
• The 20,000 sq ft putting green created by Jack Nickaus Design. http://www.nicklaus.com/design/
• The "Blue Ocean Strategy" that MSOP is pursuing to capture a new, large and uncontested audience. https://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/
• "Harvey Penick's Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf" Written by Harvey Penick