On this week's episode, host Colin Weston speaks with The National Golf Course Owners Association CEO Jay Karen, whose Non-Profit Organization is dedicated to innovatively growing the business for the golf course owners they represent.
Click to claim your exclusive ModGolf Podcast listener offer of $50 off a GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation and/or TECFIT Club Fitting ($125 value)
• Jay shares his early love affair with golf, along with the purpose and mandate of The NGCOA.
• We learn the history of The NGCOA and how the organization has organically evolved over time.
• The NGCOA's involvement in the creation of Golf 20/20, WE ARE GOLF and National Golf Day, along with help removing golf from the federal government's "Sin List".
• The value of National Golf Day to help educate legislators on the importance of golf as a $84 billion / year industry.
• NGCOA's mandate to plan and stage events such as The Golf Business Golf Tech Con in Las Vegas and The Golf Industry Show.
• How The NGCOA reconciles the complexity of pursuing environmental sustainabilitiy practices with a sound golf operation business model.
• How enabling data-collecting technology helps golf course operators make better maintanence decisions.
• Jay shares how The NGCOA supports adaptive golf to enable more people with disabilities access and enjoy the game.
• Jay's look into the golf crystal ball to tell us what he thinks the game will look like twenty years from now.
Jay Karen and World Golf Foundation CEO Steve Mona at The 2018 National Golf Day press conference