Alex combines the latest trending golf-centric news from the worlds of entertainment, sports, music, pop culture and viral videos to create his unique take on the game he loves.
Alex Myers is a senior writer for Golf Digest, where he has worked for nine years. Alex plays a wide variety of roles for GolfDigest.com, but most notably, he's the creator of The Grind, a weekly column and video series. Prior to that, he spent four years covering golf and other sports for The Journal News. In his spare time, Alex is an avid golfer with three green jackets from his annual buddies trip. But please, don't ask him if he's ever had a hole-in-one.
On this episode of The ModGolf Podcast, Alex speaks with host Colin Weston about:
• His introduction to golf as a kid traveling twice a year to Florida to hang out with his grandfather
• A "week in the life" as a golf and entertainment journalist
• How Golf Digest approved the creation of both The Loop and The Grind and the entrepreneurial approach Alex took when pitching them
• The ability for golf to expand by attracting a new audience through alternative formats and experiences such as GolfBoard, MSOP The Major Series of Putting, The European Tour's Golf Sixes and Topgolf
• How influential pro athletes like Steph Curry and Kelly Slater help raise the cool factor of golf in the eyes of their huge fan base